The geological and geotechnical planning of buildings and infrastructure requires careful preparation. Specific soil investigations are chosen and carried out according to the type of building or infrastructure, the services to be provided and surrounding difficulties. These investigations are aimed at reconstructing geological, hydrogeological and environmental models. Services are provided according to the planning process. These investigations range from core sampling, in-situ soil investigations, hydraulic testing and hydrogeological investigations to down holes and geophysical surveys.
Methods used and results obtained are presented in geological reports drawn up by highly qualified geologists according to Italian law.
The geological – geotechnical model is obtained through:
- The analysis of pre existing documentation
- Detection and definition of the geological and geomorphological features of areas
- Superficial geological-geotechnical surveys and geomechanical analysis
- Geognostic surveys
- Surface and borehole geophysics
- Definition of Hydrogeological models
- Definition of litho-technical characteristics and detection of physical and mechanical parameters of soil and rock
- Slope stability assessment (where necessary)
- Local seismic response analysis of sites according to the Italian Ministerial Decree dated 14th January 2008 (NTC 2008)
- Delivery of acquired data in digital format and paper documents
- Proposal of possible geotechnical solutions for risk mitigation