Geological and geotechnical planning
The geological and geotechnical planning of buildings and infrastructure requires careful preparation. Specific soil investigations are chosen and carried out according to the type of building or infrastructure, the services to be provided and surrounding difficulties. These investigations are aimed at reconstructing geological, hydrogeological and environmental models. Services are provided according to the planning process. These investigations range from core sampling, in-situ soil investigations, hydraulic testing and hydrogeological investigations to down holes and geophysical surveys.
Methods used and results obtained are presented in geological reports drawn up by highly qualified geologists according to Italian law.
The geological – geotechnical model is obtained through:
- The analysis of pre existing documentation
- Detection and definition of the geological and geomorphological features of areas
- Superficial geological-geotechnical surveys and geomechanical analysis
- Geognostic surveys
- Surface and borehole geophysics
- Definition of Hydrogeological models
- Definition of litho-technical characteristics and detection of physical and mechanical parameters of soil and rock
- Slope stability assessment (where necessary)
- Local seismic response analysis of sites according to the Italian Ministerial Decree dated 14th January 2008 (NTC 2008)
- Delivery of acquired data in digital format and paper documents
- Proposal of possible geotechnical solutions for risk mitigation
Environmental energy solutions
Geotec S.p.A. can provide engineering services with regard to renewable energy.
These services include support in:
- Research and proposals regarding possible environmental solutions
Geotec S.p.A. can provide engineering services connected to the adaptation and improvement of existing renewable energy systems or the development of new systems, and in doing so can guarantee :
- Client satisfaction with regard to aims and needs
- High quality and safety standards
- Requirements are met within time and budgetary constraints
Buildings and infrastructure
Geotec S.p.A. plans and designs industrial and residential buildings as well as infrastructure such as roads, bridges and tunnels and follows the project from its early stages through to the final planning and design. The feasibility of the project, structural calculations, site management and organization, budgetary needs, renovations and restorations, general and emergency maintenance, structural assessments, preservation and redevelopment, changes in intended use of a building and static testing are all part of planning and design.
Project planning is widely applicable and includes:
- Structural behaviour and subsequent analysis of 2D and 3D systems susceptible to general actions including seismic activity.
- Presentation of appropriate solutions according to the type and use made of the project structure or infrastructure.
- Outline of suitable forms of foundation work connected to operational and economical problems.
Geotec S.p.A. is also specialised in seismic risk assessment through the use of mathematical calculations -static and dynamic, linear and non linear analysis - according to recent Italian codes.
The following services can be offered by Geotec S.p.A.:
- Inspection and assessment of concrete, steel, reinforced concrete and masonry buildings in order to check earthquake safety levels.
- Inspection and assessment of bridges and other civil engineering structures in order to check earthquake safety levels.
- Consideration and subsequent presentation of possible solutions regarding the improvement of earthquake safety levels.
Geotec S.p.A. examines buildings, bridges and other civil engineering structures according to the following stages:
- Gathering of existing data
- Geological, geognostic and geophysical investigations carried out on the structure and on the foundation soil in order to determine the characteristics and essential features of the building
- Structural monitoring through the use of destructive and non-destructive testing
- Processing of gathered data, vulnerability assessment and summary of results obtained
- Research into possible solutions aimed at improving earthquake safety levels.